I need to decide whether to keep pursuing this duplex, and the trade-off is between a strong Paris location and a layout that may be difficult to value. It is advertised at €717,600, with 3 bedrooms in approximately 35 m² and average overall condition. The light is attractive, but the finishes are dated and the property-tax cost still needs confirming.
I have three active listings to compare with it, though only one relevant sale price. Rather than choosing a blanket discount, which facts would you establish first to make those comparisons usable? I’m particularly unsure how much value may be lost to stairs and cramped rooms within the 35 m², and whether outdoor space, ownership or lease details, and condition grading would alter the outcome more than the headline price per square metre. I’ll have the figure checked locally before relying on it.
I have three active listings to compare with it, though only one relevant sale price. Rather than choosing a blanket discount, which facts would you establish first to make those comparisons usable? I’m particularly unsure how much value may be lost to stairs and cramped rooms within the 35 m², and whether outdoor space, ownership or lease details, and condition grading would alter the outcome more than the headline price per square metre. I’ll have the figure checked locally before relying on it.