Valuation check: 430 sq ft detached home in London at £990,600

watchTheSlate

Real estate agent
I need to decide whether this is worth pursuing before spending more on the analysis. The trade-off is an appealing London location and good light against a £990,600 asking price, dated finishes and possible costs if the property is rented.

It is a 1-bed detached home of about 430 sq ft in average condition. I have three current listings for comparison, but just one sale that has completed, so a standard percentage adjustment feels hard to defend. Would you begin with that sale and price the work separately, or give more weight to the competing listings?

The rent case currently allows for eleven paid months, although the repair reserve may be optimistic. I’m also wondering whether tenure, exact micro-location, parking or outdoor space would move the valuation most. I will still arrange a local appraisal before acting.
 
With only one completed comparable, I wouldn’t apply a standard percentage adjustment. Use its local price per square foot only as a rough starting point, then price the dated work separately rather than calling everything “average condition.” Asking prices show competition, not necessarily achieved value.

Is it freehold or leasehold? If leasehold, the remaining term and service charges could change the picture most. Exact micro-location, outdoor space and parking also matter greatly at 430 sq ft. I’d run the rent case with several repair reserves rather than rely on one eleven-month calculation.
 
Back
Top