Valuation check: 430 sq ft serviced apartment in Manchester at £471,900

miro_ash

Property manager
Established
I need to decide soon whether this Manchester serviced apartment is worth pursuing. The attractive points are its light and location, but £471,900 feels difficult to assess when it is marketed as a 5-bed with only about 430 sq ft and average, dated finishes.

I have three current asking prices to compare with and just one completed transaction. I’m not convinced a standard floor-area adjustment is meaningful until I understand how the five-bed layout works. Would lease length and service charges outweigh condition here, or could the precise location and lack or presence of outdoor space move the value more?

Vacancy, insurance and maintenance could also change the outcome despite apparent demand. I plan to verify the internal area, configuration and lease information, then obtain a local appraisal before settling on a figure.
 
Before applying any percentage adjustment, I would confirm whether 430 sq ft is genuinely the total internal area and how five beds are configured within it. That combination is unusual enough that a simple price-per-square-foot comparison could mislead.

After that, lease length and service charges would affect my view most. I’d give the completed sale more weight than the three asking prices, then adjust only against comparables with similar serviced use, micro-location and configuration. Condition is secondary if the ongoing charges or lease terms are unattractive.
 
Back
Top