sanna.hope
Property investor
A 45 m² villa is unusual enough that the area figure needs checking first. This is a one-bed in Riyadh at SAR 2,119,000, and I do not want to build a valuation around the wrong type of floor measurement.
The dated interior can be priced as a refurbishment, but the property rights, remaining lease term, outdoor area and recurring charges are harder to correct after purchase. I have one completed sale and three active listings; my instinct is to use the sale as the anchor only if its location, area basis and rights genuinely match, with the listings providing context rather than value evidence.
How would you allow for the unusually small area without assuming every square metre carries the same rate? I am using no appreciation in my base case and will arrange a local valuation once I have the measurement details and ownership documents.
The dated interior can be priced as a refurbishment, but the property rights, remaining lease term, outdoor area and recurring charges are harder to correct after purchase. I have one completed sale and three active listings; my instinct is to use the sale as the anchor only if its location, area basis and rights genuinely match, with the listings providing context rather than value evidence.
How would you allow for the unusually small area without assuming every square metre carries the same rate? I am using no appreciation in my base case and will arrange a local valuation once I have the measurement details and ownership documents.