Valuation check: 590 sq ft Montreal condo asking C$911,300

hana.slate

Real estate agent
Established
The asking price is not my main difficulty; the thin evidence behind it is. I am considering an average-condition 3-bed Montreal condo of about 590 sq ft at C$911,300, with good light and location but dated finishes and possible maintenance exposure.

There are three relevant listings in my comparison, yet only one confirmed sale. I can grade the units for condition and layout rather than apply a blanket percentage, but monthly condo charges, building finances or a poor maintenance year could overwhelm those adjustments. Which of those missing details would you obtain first, and how much weight would you give the single completed comparable? I expect a range is more defensible than a precise figure until I have a local appraisal.
 
I wouldn’t apply a standard percentage for condition without pricing the visible work, and I’d give the completed sale much more weight than the three listings. At 590 sq ft, layout efficiency matters too: a compact 3-bed may not compare neatly with a similarly sized one- or two-bed.

My biggest missing items are the exact micro-location, monthly condo charges, maintenance history and whether the corporation appears adequately funded. Those could outweigh dated finishes.
 
I’d put micro-location slightly behind the building details, but parking could change the comparison materially if some of those properties include it and this one does not. Same for usable outdoor space.

Before adjusting for floor area, make a simple grid showing sold/listed status, exact size, condition, parking, outdoor space and charges. Also confirm the ownership structure and any lease term if applicable. With only one sale, I’d present a valuation range rather than force a precise number.
 
Back
Top