cedar.first
Landlord
The asking figure looks difficult to support from the evidence I have, and possible flood exposure is the concern I do not want the price discussion to obscure. This is a roughly 70 m², three-bedroom new-build flat in Johannesburg at ZAR 10,650,000. The light and location appeal to me, although the finishes seem average rather than exceptional.
There are three comparable listings but only one completed transaction, so I am wary of treating seller expectations as market value. I would like to compare the actual sale first, then adjust for exact location, usable floor area, condition and any parking included. Lease length or tenure details, flood information and an insurance indication may matter more than a neat price-per-square-metre calculation.
Which of those facts would you establish before deciding whether the flat is worth pursuing? I will still arrange a local appraisal before relying on a valuation.
There are three comparable listings but only one completed transaction, so I am wary of treating seller expectations as market value. I would like to compare the actual sale first, then adjust for exact location, usable floor area, condition and any parking included. Lease length or tenure details, flood information and an insurance indication may matter more than a neat price-per-square-metre calculation.
Which of those facts would you establish before deciding whether the flat is worth pursuing? I will still arrange a local appraisal before relying on a valuation.