Valuation check: AED 5,303,000 for a 240 m² 4-bed apartment in Dubai

green_garden

Property investor
Using the lone completed sale as the anchor feels thin. Using three active listings feels no safer. I’m looking at a Dubai 4-bed apartment of about 240 m², in average condition, with an asking price of AED 5,303,000.

The light and location appeal to me, but the dated finishes may require spending and could complicate financing. How would you grade those condition differences without applying an arbitrary percentage? I also need to establish whether all four properties measure floor area consistently and how their service charges, parking, outdoor space and lease terms compare. Which of those gaps would make you pause before going further with a local appraisal?
 
Neither a single sale nor three current adverts makes a comfortable valuation base. I would use the completed transaction as the clearest evidence available, while treating the listings as a check on the range sellers are presently testing.

The implied rate for the subject property is about AED 22,096 per m², but that comparison is useful only if every area has been measured on the same basis. For condition, list the actual differences—kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, systems and required work—instead of assigning one blanket adjustment. The exact building and the apartment’s position within it are hardest to compensate for later, so I would resolve those before fine-tuning for finishes.
 
Does the stated 240 m² include outdoor space, and do the comparables use the same definition of floor area? A larger apartment should not automatically receive a mechanical discount per square metre if its layout, light or usable area is better.

I’d also want to know whether parking is equivalent and how the service charges compare. Those recurring costs can make two apparently similar asking prices much less similar.
 
Adding service charges creates another question: could a property with the better headline price actually have the worse long-term cost? That risk is easy to lose when the discussion centres on micro-location and condition.

I would put the four properties into one table with transaction status, date, building, consistently measured area, condition, light, parking, outdoor space, service charges and lease length. Leave unknown fields blank rather than filling them with assumptions. Current listings should not automatically set a ceiling, so test AED 5,303,000 under both favourable and unfavourable readings before taking the comparison to the local appraiser.
 
Back
Top