Finding only one completed sale changed my view of the evidence; the other three comparisons are asking prices. The property is a 3-bed coastal home in Cape Town, about 135 m² and in average condition, listed for ZAR 26,030,000 after 10 days. Its light and position are appealing, but the finishes are dated and there may be costs affecting rental use.
Before paying for a local appraisal, I want to know whether the price is at least plausible. I’m unsure whether to adjust first for floor area and condition or treat the exact coastal position as the dominant factor. I also lack clear information on parking, the definition of the 135 m² and the ownership or lease structure. Which of those would you establish first?
Before paying for a local appraisal, I want to know whether the price is at least plausible. I’m unsure whether to adjust first for floor area and condition or treat the exact coastal position as the dominant factor. I also lack clear information on parking, the definition of the 135 m² and the ownership or lease structure. Which of those would you establish first?