Valuation check on a 225 m² detached home in Lisbon

SmallChart

Landlord
Established
I would like the €1,109,000 price to make sense, but the evidence is thin: three comparable listings and only one recorded transaction. The property is a two-bedroom detached home in Lisbon with roughly 225 m², good light and a good location, though the finishes are dated and financing may be costly.

Would you price the condition work item by item or use a broader allowance? I am also unsure how much value to assign to the additional floor space when it is spread across only two bedrooms. The sale’s precise location, usable outdoor area and any unusual tenure or lease terms may be decisive. I am not building future appreciation into my estimate, and I will seek a local appraisal before acting.
 
As an initial sensitivity, I’d test a condition deduction around 5–10%, then replace that broad range with actual refurbishment estimates. I wouldn’t apply the comparable’s price per square metre mechanically: extra floor area often has a lower marginal value, especially with only two bedrooms across 225 m².

The exact micro-location would change my view most. Parking and usable outdoor space could also account for a meaningful gap between otherwise similar detached homes.
 
A percentage for “dated condition” may create more precision than the description supports. Replacing finishes in a few rooms is not comparable to work needed throughout the home.

Before adjusting the price, I would verify that all 225 m² is registered and functions as proper living space. The completed transaction also needs to be checked for date, immediate location, state of repair, parking and usable outdoor area. Any tenure restrictions, remaining lease term or shared charges could alter the comparison enough to outweigh a tentative condition allowance.
 
With just one completed comparable, I’d build a small adjustment table rather than force a single valuation: sale price, verified floor area, room layout, micro-location, condition, parking and outdoor space. Keep the three listings as evidence of seller expectations, not equal evidence of achieved value.

The two-bedroom layout is the point I’d investigate first. If much of the 225 m² is circulation, storage or lower-quality space, a simple €/m² comparison will overstate its usefulness. Cost the dated work separately and ask the appraiser to explain how the completed sale was adjusted.
 
Back
Top