I have to reach a view on this asking price shortly, but I’m wary of treating a neat price-per-square-metre result as a valuation. The condo is a roughly 65 m², 1-bed unit in Singapore asking S$737,000. It has good natural light and a strong location, though the interior needs updating and the insurance cost may be higher than I allowed.
My rental model assumes eleven occupied months, but the repair reserve is still uncertain. There are three active listings and only one completed sale, so I’m not convinced the sold comparable should automatically outweigh everything else if its micro-location, remaining lease or parking rights differ.
Which fact would you verify first: the lease, precise location, service charges, parking, outdoor space or the basis of the 65 m² measurement? I’ll still obtain a formal local appraisal, but I want to identify the adjustment most likely to change the initial view.
My rental model assumes eleven occupied months, but the repair reserve is still uncertain. There are three active listings and only one completed sale, so I’m not convinced the sold comparable should automatically outweigh everything else if its micro-location, remaining lease or parking rights differ.
Which fact would you verify first: the lease, precise location, service charges, parking, outdoor space or the basis of the 65 m² measurement? I’ll still obtain a formal local appraisal, but I want to identify the adjustment most likely to change the initial view.