Valuing a 50 m², 5-bed coastal home in Buenos Aires at ARS 730,100,000

shareTheSignal

Property manager
Established
Before I take this valuation any further, I need to decide whether the limited evidence is usable at all. The property is described as a 5-bed coastal home in Buenos Aires with about 50 m², average condition and an asking price of ARS 730,100,000. Its light and location appeal to me, but the dated interior and likely maintenance reduce that advantage.

There are three active listings to compare with and just one achieved transaction. If the 50 m² and five-bedroom layout are verified, I could adjust the completed sale for area and price the required work separately. If either description is unreliable, I think the whole comparison needs rebuilding. I also need confirmation of the exact location, parking, private outdoor area, service charges and whether an existing lease affects vacant possession. The broker’s yield omits too many owner costs, so I am not relying on it and will obtain a local appraisal.
 
The 50 m² needs clarifying before anything else: is that verified private covered area, and how are five bedrooms actually arranged within it? I would anchor to the completed sale, normalize the areas consistently, and treat the asking comparables as supporting evidence rather than achieved values. For condition, estimate the work required instead of using an arbitrary percentage. My biggest missing fact would be the verified area and layout.
 
I’d put exact micro-location ahead of the finishes, and possibly ahead of a modest area discrepancy. “Coastal Buenos Aires” is too broad for a tight comparison; access, outlook and the immediate block can separate otherwise similar homes.

Build a small grid for all four comparables: verified indoor area, outdoor space, parking, condition, exact location and service charges. Also confirm whether it is sold vacant or with a lease, since lease length may affect the buyer pool. If the completed sale is not close on those points, it should not carry much weight merely because it completed.
 
Back
Top