Vancouver listings diverging in October 2025: seasonal noise or buyer selectivity?

cairn.common

First-time buyer
Established
My saved Vancouver listings are no longer moving as one market. Well-presented condos appear to be selling in roughly 78 days, while properties needing work linger. I’m also seeing what looks like a 4.1% gap between asking prices and completed deals.

Does October 2025 mark a seasonal wobble, or are buyers becoming more selective? I’d especially value direct neighbourhood observations. Please distinguish actual sold data from listing-price changes and broad citywide headlines.
 
Before reading much into 4.1%, how large is your sample, and is that the difference between the original ask, the final ask, or the price at the time of sale? Those can tell very different stories. Transaction volume matters too: a percentage based on a thin month can look meaningful while reflecting only the particular homes that closed.
 
I’d lean toward selectivity, but 78 days alone doesn’t establish a shift. Condition, building, exact location and pricing strategy could explain the split you’re seeing. October also introduces seasonal noise. I would separate condos by neighbourhood and compare October 2025 sales with nearby competing listings rather than treating Vancouver as one market.
 
One more caution: revisit the figures after the month’s data has settled. If the underlying records or classifications are revised, the apparent gap may change. A useful next step is a small table showing original ask, last ask, sold price, days listed, neighbourhood and condition. That would reveal whether buyers are discounting broadly or simply rejecting renovation projects and ambitious pricing.
 
Back
Top