An apparent 8.0% gap is driving my concern, but it may be a comparison problem rather than a market signal. I am following Vancouver small multifamily activity from January 2025. Well-presented listings seem to find buyers in about 18 days, whereas properties requiring work tend to remain on the market.
Before calling this increased buyer selectivity, I would like to compare each completed property with its own final asking price and separate the results by neighbourhood and condition. How large a completed-sale sample would make the pattern worth taking seriously? I am also interested in whether January seasonality or the timing of any relevant policy change affected listing volume. Direct local observations are welcome if the area and sample size are included.
Before calling this increased buyer selectivity, I would like to compare each completed property with its own final asking price and separate the results by neighbourhood and condition. How large a completed-sale sample would make the pattern worth taking seriously? I am also interested in whether January seasonality or the timing of any relevant policy change affected listing volume. Direct local observations are welcome if the area and sample size are included.