The surprising part was how quickly a 4.1% gross yield became marginal once I modelled a difficult year. The Vienna condo is a 2-bed priced at €671,600, with expected monthly rent of €2,279.
I have allowed for management, empty periods, normal upkeep and a larger maintenance reserve, but financing still leaves little room for error. I may also be treating property tax or building costs incorrectly. Before refining the model, should I first establish whether the €2,279 is rent retained by the landlord or a total payment that includes charges and utilities? Which owner-paid condo item is most often missed when estimating net cash flow?
I have allowed for management, empty periods, normal upkeep and a larger maintenance reserve, but financing still leaves little room for error. I may also be treating property tax or building costs incorrectly. Before refining the model, should I first establish whether the €2,279 is rent retained by the landlord or a total payment that includes charges and utilities? Which owner-paid condo item is most often missed when estimating net cash flow?