green_garden
Property investor
€4,748 a month is the number driving this decision. Against a €920,000 purchase price for the 3-bed Vienna duplex, that is €56,976 a year and roughly 6.2% gross.
The property looks sound, but I do not yet know how dependable that rent is or how the lease term affects future vacancy. I have budgeted for management, ordinary repairs, empty periods and a larger maintenance event. Financing terms and insurance could still move the net result considerably.
As this would be our first rental, I’m trying to replace the general impression that the yield looks healthy with evidence from the lease and actual costs. Which figures would you verify first, and what level of net return would make the remaining risk acceptable?
The property looks sound, but I do not yet know how dependable that rent is or how the lease term affects future vacancy. I have budgeted for management, ordinary repairs, empty periods and a larger maintenance event. Financing terms and insurance could still move the net result considerably.
As this would be our first rental, I’m trying to replace the general impression that the yield looks healthy with evidence from the lease and actual costs. Which figures would you verify first, and what level of net return would make the remaining risk acceptable?