I’m considering a 4-bed duplex in Vienna at around €676,200. After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I’d have roughly €40,480 left.
That still has to cover the move, any inspection findings, the first mortgage payment, insurance excess and ordinary first-year work. Furniture can wait; roofs and boilers generally cannot. How would you divide that remaining cash between a true emergency fund and planned purchase costs? I’d rather bid below my maximum than turn every repair into a crisis. I’m also curious whether days-on-market should affect the size of the offer or simply be treated as negotiating context.
That still has to cover the move, any inspection findings, the first mortgage payment, insurance excess and ordinary first-year work. Furniture can wait; roofs and boilers generally cannot. How would you divide that remaining cash between a true emergency fund and planned purchase costs? I’d rather bid below my maximum than turn every repair into a crisis. I’m also curious whether days-on-market should affect the size of the offer or simply be treated as negotiating context.