Wait or bid on an Amsterdam serviced apartment?

EarlyCrane

Real estate agent
Established
I would prefer to wait for a serviced apartment I genuinely want, but the obstacle is knowing whether better Amsterdam stock is actually coming or whether I would simply be watching the same listings age.

The properties I’m following run from €371,700 to €557,500, with €464,600 as my midpoint. The current snapshot indicates 4.2% movement and about 71 days on market, although reductions differ noticeably by condition. My tentative explanation is that financing pressure is affecting sellers unevenly, but motivation and withdrawn listings could produce the same pattern.

For those following the Netherlands, what would you check before bidding? I’m especially interested in whether the figures should be split by tightly defined neighbourhood, whether the 4.2% relates to asking or completed prices, and how removed stock should be treated.
 
Financing is plausible, but 71 days by itself does not establish the cause. With serviced apartments, I would separate units needing work from genuinely comparable units in similar condition. Seller motivation may explain why two apparently similar listings accept very different reductions. Are your €464,600 reference and 4.2% movement based on asking prices or completed sales?
 
I’d also want to know whether “more listings” means more new instructions or simply older stock accumulating. Withdrawn properties matter here: a seller who removes a listing rather than cutting the price will distort any reading based only on visible supply.

The neighbourhood definition is another missing piece. Are all the properties within one tightly drawn area, or are several Amsterdam submarkets being grouped together?
 
I’m less convinced financing should be the main explanation. Condition affects both what a buyer will pay and how much cash may be needed after purchase, while motivated sellers may cut sooner regardless of borrowing costs.

I’d build a small comparison sheet using recent completed sales, original and current asking prices, days until the first cut, condition, and whether competing listings were withdrawn. That should show whether the 71-day figure marks a real negotiating point or merely averages together very different properties.
 
Back
Top