[Wanted] 5-bed home near Marrakech, budget MAD 9,950,000

nico.drew

Homeowner
Choosing the wrong location or accepting five unusable bedrooms would make the purchase difficult to fix later.

I am seeking a 5-bed home near Marrakech with a target price of MAD 9,950,000. If transport to the places I need is practical, I can accept an older interior; if access is poor, the condition will not compensate for it. Likewise, cosmetic renovation is manageable, whereas immediate major structural work is not.

Please give the neighbourhood and floor area, explain the tenure and likely availability, and describe where the five bedrooms sit within the property. A floor plan would be useful, especially if an office, staff room or detached guest space is being counted. Please also mark which details are confirmed and which still require checking.
 
The main missing detail is what “near Marrakech” and “reasonable transport access” mean for you. Is access to central Marrakech the priority, or do you need a particular route or destination? A maximum acceptable journey time would stop people sending attractive but unsuitable outlying properties. Also, is MAD 9,950,000 a firm ceiling or a target before transaction and renovation costs?
 
I’d also be strict about the five-bedroom description. Some properties may count a small office, staff room or separate guest space as a bedroom. Ask for floor plans or, at minimum, the location and approximate size of each room. Do you require all five bedrooms inside the main house?
 
One more point: “availability” should cover whether the home is vacant, occupied or still being completed, not merely whether the advert is live. That can make a large difference to whether it fits your timeline.
 
Thanks. This is a purchase search, and MAD 9,950,000 is the target rather than permission to leave the price unstated. I’ll assess any flexibility only after allowing for necessary work and other purchase costs.

Access to Marrakech matters more than a fixed radius, so responses should explain the actual route rather than just saying “near”. I want five usable bedrooms; a separate guest room can count, but a tiny office relabelled as a bedroom cannot.
 
That makes the brief much clearer. I’d ask each respondent to use the same short format: neighbourhood, asking price, internal floor area, land area if applicable, tenure/title position, five-room layout, occupancy, earliest availability, route into Marrakech, and known structural or maintenance issues. Without those items, you’ll spend the first exchange extracting basic facts instead of deciding whether to view.
 
I’d add a caveat to the idea that a dated interior is harmless. Cosmetic age can be fine, but photographs may not reveal whether neglected finishes are accompanied by roof, moisture, electrical or plumbing problems. I wouldn’t reject an older interior, but I also wouldn’t treat “maintained” in an advert as proof. Make any serious shortlist subject to document verification and an independent condition inspection appropriate to the property and location.
 
Back
Top