Warsaw agent looking beyond asking prices

planTheTimber

Real estate agent
Warsaw market material gives me plenty of advertised prices, but I hesitate to compare them across markets when the completed figures and included transaction costs may be defined differently.

I’m a real estate agent in Warsaw, currently reading mostly about warehouses and the gap between listing and sale prices. I would also like to follow practical discussions on renovation and property management instead of looking only at price tables.

Would the Poland board be the best first stop, or is there a market-data thread that explains how members record completed transactions? For warehouse topics, I can narrow the question to sales, leasing or development land rather than treating them as one market.
 
The quickest route is probably the local board, although the harder task is finding discussions that use the same definition of a completed price. That matters more than collecting a large number of threads.

I would first note how each source treats currency, date, condition and transaction costs. For example, a renovated property and one needing major work should not be compared from the final price alone. That groundwork is easy to revise; an international table built from incompatible figures is much harder to untangle later.

For warehouses, search separately for investment sales, leasing and development land. Renovation and property-management discussions may also be more useful in their dedicated sections than in a general market report.
 
Are you mainly trying to improve advice for current Warsaw work, or build a model that compares Poland with other countries? That changes what is useful. For cross-market modelling, I’d record currency, date, property condition and which transaction costs are included before comparing any price gap.
 
I’d be cautious about putting transaction costs into one international table too quickly. Even a neat percentage can hide differences in who pays what and when. A legal-checklist thread or mortgage comparison may explain the local process better than a headline market report, though jurisdiction matters and forum posts should not replace current local guidance.
 
Also have a look at renovation and property-management conversations. They are not warehouse-specific, but they often expose why two apparently similar completed prices diverge. A useful first post on the Poland board could take one anonymised example and list the advertised price, completion timing, condition, included costs and any missing information. That would give members something concrete to compare without overstating what one deal proves.
 
Back
Top