What changed in São Paulo this month? My sample is at 82 days

ames.voss

Homeowner
Founding Member
I’m trying to decide whether to treat the current pace as normal or as a warning before pursuing a property. In my sample, coastal homes associated with São Paulo in the R$1,434,000–R$2,150,000 range are taking about 82 days to find a buyer. The slower outliers appear mostly connected to financing costs, but agents are giving me conflicting explanations, including seasonality.

Am I putting too much weight on listings that remain online? I’d be particularly interested in recent completed sales, along with withdrawn stock and the timing of price reductions. It would also help to know whether 82 days changes materially by neighbourhood boundary, property condition, buyer financing, or seller motivation.

None of those factors is a deal breaker alone. I’m weighing the combined risk and want the decision to hold up through a boring year, not just a strong market. What local evidence would you use to judge whether this is ordinary exposure time or a sign that sellers are still priced above buyers?
 
Back
Top