What changed in Tokyo this month? My condo sample is at 61 days

sailsAndQuill

Buyer
Established
I’m tracking Tokyo condos listed between ¥86,900,000 and ¥130,400,000, and the current sample is taking roughly 61 days to find a buyer. The longer cases mostly appear connected to financing costs.

Would you treat that as a meaningful shift, or could active listings be distorting the picture? I’m particularly interested in whether recent completed sales, withdrawn units and the timing of price cuts tell a different story.
 
I wouldn’t draw a market-wide conclusion from the active listings yet. Completed deals matter, but so do withdrawals: an overpriced condo can disappear without becoming a sale, making the remaining sample look healthier than it is.

I’d also narrow the neighbourhood boundaries and separate condition, new-listing volume and first price-cut date. Most importantly, is the 61 days measured from initial listing to accepted offer, or until the listing vanishes? Those are not equivalent, especially where buyer financing delays the visible outcome.
 
Back
Top