I’m trying to decide whether to buy a standalone valuation or pay for a broader service on a country home priced around C$1,377,000. The descriptions I’ve received are frustratingly vague: “valuation” can mean a figure and an introduction, or it can extend to negotiation and document coordination.
What should reasonably be included in Canada? I’d want the valuation method and supporting evidence, clear fees, a response deadline, and someone identified as responsible when questions arise. For a country property, should the scope also cover relevant planning applications and records, or is that normally separate work?
My concern is the gap between offer and closing. If the valuation is challenged, a document is missing, or the local evidence is weak, I don’t want every participant saying their part ended at the introduction. Specific examples of useful scope wording would help.
What should reasonably be included in Canada? I’d want the valuation method and supporting evidence, clear fees, a response deadline, and someone identified as responsible when questions arise. For a country property, should the scope also cover relevant planning applications and records, or is that normally separate work?
My concern is the gap between offer and closing. If the valuation is challenged, a document is missing, or the local evidence is weak, I don’t want every participant saying their part ended at the introduction. Specific examples of useful scope wording would help.