What should a genuinely useful mortgage broker provide in Marrakech?

I’m considering a mortgage for a Marrakech condo priced around MAD 9,058,000, but services advertised as “mortgage broking” seem to cover very different things. Some appear to negotiate with lenders and coordinate documents through to closing; others provide little more than an introduction.

What should I reasonably expect to be included in a quoted scope in Morocco? I’d like to know who compares and negotiates offers, checks the document trail, follows up with the bank and other parties, and remains accountable between the initial application and closing. Clear response deadlines, fees, exclusions and any charges due if financing falls through also matter.

If anyone knows the Marrakech market, which tasks genuinely require local expertise, and what independent evidence should I request before appointing someone? I’d also be interested in the sensible fallback plan if the preferred lender delays or declines. Specific Moroccan examples would be more helpful than a general sales pitch.
 
Back
Top