bikesAndView
Real estate agent
I’m comparing mortgage broking services for a retail unit in Jakarta priced around IDR 9,210,000,000, but the quoted scopes vary so much that the label seems almost meaningless. Some firms offer lender introductions only, while others mention negotiation and document coordination without clearly saying where their responsibility ends.
Before choosing one, I want to know what should reasonably be included in Indonesia: an itemised fee quote, realistic response deadlines, knowledge of local lenders and transaction requirements, a list of documents needed, coordination between the lender and other parties, and a named person accountable from application through closing. I also want the cash downside made explicit—upfront or non-refundable charges, third-party transaction costs, and what is still payable if financing is declined or delayed.
What exact scope would you insist on having in writing, and what independent evidence would you request before accepting claims about lender access, approval speed or negotiation ability? I’d also appreciate views on the fallback plan if the preferred lender misses the transaction timeline. Specific Jakarta or wider Indonesian examples would be more useful than a generic sales pitch. A useful service should reduce chasing, not simply turn the chasing into notifications.
Before choosing one, I want to know what should reasonably be included in Indonesia: an itemised fee quote, realistic response deadlines, knowledge of local lenders and transaction requirements, a list of documents needed, coordination between the lender and other parties, and a named person accountable from application through closing. I also want the cash downside made explicit—upfront or non-refundable charges, third-party transaction costs, and what is still payable if financing is declined or delayed.
What exact scope would you insist on having in writing, and what independent evidence would you request before accepting claims about lender access, approval speed or negotiation ability? I’d also appreciate views on the fallback plan if the preferred lender misses the transaction timeline. Specific Jakarta or wider Indonesian examples would be more useful than a generic sales pitch. A useful service should reduce chasing, not simply turn the chasing into notifications.