I’m deciding whether a full-service mortgage broker is worth paying for on a roughly $450,000 coastal home in New York, rather than using someone who simply makes a lender introduction. The services all seem to use the same “mortgage broking” label despite offering very different levels of help.
What should be included in writing: lender comparison, rate and fee explanation, negotiation, document collection, appraisal follow-up, insurance coordination and support through closing? I’d also like realistic response commitments, a clear explanation of compensation, evidence of local coastal-property knowledge, and one named person accountable when something stalls. Concrete US examples or checklists would be appreciated.
What should be included in writing: lender comparison, rate and fee explanation, negotiation, document collection, appraisal follow-up, insurance coordination and support through closing? I’d also like realistic response commitments, a clear explanation of compensation, evidence of local coastal-property knowledge, and one named person accountable when something stalls. Concrete US examples or checklists would be appreciated.