What should a Mumbai home valuation service actually cover?

yara_voss

Seller
I’m comparing valuation services for a detached home in Mumbai priced around ₹102,300,000, but the quotes use “valuation” to mean very different things. Some appear to include negotiation and document coordination; others end after making an introduction.

What should I reasonably insist is written into the scope: response deadlines, itemised fees, evidence from genuinely comparable local properties, and a named person accountable from offer through closing? I also want to know the cash downside if the valuation is challenged or the provider becomes unresponsive. Specific Indian examples or a practical fallback plan would be more useful than a sales pitch.
 
First separate the valuation itself from transaction support. The written quote should say whether you receive the valuation method, comparable evidence, assumptions, site-visit details and a signed report—or merely an estimated price. Negotiation and document coordination should be separately described, with fees and response times.

Also ask who is commissioning it and for what purpose. A report useful for your own negotiations may not satisfy a lender or another party. At that price, I would seek independent evidence rather than rely on one provider’s figure.
 
Back
Top