What should a useful listing photography service include for a Bogotá warehouse?

RoundPebble

Developer
Established
Finding the same warehouse advertised more than once—and sometimes no longer available—changed what I thought I needed from a photography service. The property is in Bogotá and priced at about COP 1,292,000,000, so polished images are useful, but reliable handling of inquiries matters more than I first expected.

Should a photography quote cover only the shoot, editing, delivery formats and image rights? If negotiation, listing checks or paperwork support are offered too, I would want separate fees, response times and a named person responsible through each handoff.

My current rule is that a photographer can finish at image delivery if someone else is clearly managing the sale. If the service is presented as broader support, it should also confirm listing status, show warehouse experience in Bogotá and state who remains accountable from an offer to closing. Is that a reasonable way to compare proposals?
 
Photography and transaction coordination should not be treated as the same service. A photography quote should clearly state the images and formats delivered, turnaround, revisions, usage rights, access arrangements and total fee. Negotiation or closing support needs its own written scope, named contact and limits. If those roles are bundled under one vague price, comparing providers becomes almost impossible.
 
I’d go further: for a warehouse at that price, attractive images are not the main test. Ask how the provider confirms the property is still available and whether the person answering inquiries actually knows the Bogotá submarket. Also, does the proposal specify who responds after an offer and by when? “Document coordination” can mean forwarding emails rather than taking responsibility, so get the handoff points in writing.
 
That distinction helps. My decision is really whether to buy photography alone and manage the rest separately, or pay for a broader package. The proposals are unclear about where introductions end and transaction support begins. I’ll ask each provider to itemize the photography deliverables, fee, response deadline, status-update process and the person responsible at every stage. If they cannot do that, I’ll treat the offer as photography-only regardless of the label.
 
That is sensible, although I would not assume a broader package is automatically better. Ask for independent evidence of relevant warehouse work, not just a polished residential portfolio. Keep a dated written trail of listing status, inquiries, offers, assigned tasks and deadlines. Your fallback can be simple: use the strongest photographer, appoint separate local transaction support, and have any legal or tax points checked by the appropriate Colombian adviser rather than relying on a marketing-service description.
 
Back
Top