What should a Warsaw villa valuation service actually include after 92 days?

anchor.honest

Real estate agent
Established
I’m 92 days into comparing services for a Warsaw villa around PLN 2,706,000, and “valuation” seems to mean almost anything. Some offers include negotiation and document coordination; others appear to end with an introduction or price opinion.

Before signing, what scope should a buyer or owner reasonably demand? I’m looking particularly at response times, a complete fee breakdown, evidence of local knowledge, and one person remaining accountable from offer through closing. The key issue for me is who still answers once the agreement is signed.
 
At minimum, get the deliverables and boundaries in writing. The agreement should say what form the valuation takes, whether an inspection is included, what evidence supports the figure, when it will be delivered, and how corrections are handled. If negotiation and coordination are included, name those tasks separately rather than accepting “full service.” Also ask for the person responsible after delivery, not merely the salesperson.
 
What will the valuation be used for: deciding an offer, negotiating, financing, or another formal purpose? That changes what you need. I would also ask whether the person assessing it knows the villa’s particular part of Warsaw rather than just the city generally. Land, condition and unusual features can make broad comparisons weak.
 
I have checked that some quotes include both a price opinion and negotiation, but it is still unclear whether those services are separately defined. That distinction matters because assessing a defensible value and arguing for one party’s preferred price can create different expectations about independence and accountability.

I would not assume negotiation belongs in every valuation package. If both are useful, the practical compromise is to commission the assessment first, with its evidence, scope and delivery deadline stated in writing. Negotiation can then proceed as a second stage under a separate fee and named contact. If the provider insists on one bundled service, I would want the quote to show exactly where the valuation ends and representation begins.
 
The cash downside also needs spelling out. Ask when the fee becomes payable, whether coordination is charged separately, what happens if the transaction stops, and whether later calls, revisions or another inspection cost extra. “From offer to closing” sounds reassuring, but it means little unless the included work and payment triggers are listed.
 
I’d want a clean document trail: the property details relied on, valuation date, assumptions, condition notes, reasoning behind the comparable properties, and a record of later changes. If somebody adjusts the figure after new information appears, the revised version should show why. That is much more useful than a number sent by email with no explanation.
 
Put an actual response deadline into the service terms. “Available throughout” could still mean waiting a week at the crucial moment. Ask which channel is used, the normal response window, who covers absences, and where an unanswered issue is escalated. A named contact is only useful if there is a fallback.
 
For local expertise, I wouldn’t rely on claims like “Warsaw specialist.” Ask how they chose the relevant comparison area and how they account for differences between the villa and the evidence used. They may not be able to disclose every detail of other properties, but they should be able to explain their method and adjustments clearly.
 
This helps clarify my decision. I’m not expecting one person to perform every task, but I do want one accountable coordinator rather than being passed between valuation, negotiation and paperwork contacts.

Before signing, I’ll request a scope table covering deliverables, exclusions, total and conditional fees, response times, named contacts, revision procedure and what happens if the purchase does not proceed. I’ll also ask for an example of the report format with confidential details removed.
 
Have a fallback if the bundled provider will not commit to that table. You could commission the price assessment separately and arrange negotiation or document support only where needed. It is less seamless, but clearer independence and fees may outweigh convenience on a PLN 2,706,000 decision. Any formal or legal document questions should go to the appropriate Poland-based professional.
 
One final test: ask them to describe the first three actions after you challenge the valuation or an offer is accepted. A useful answer should identify who responds, what information is requested, and the next deadline. If the answer is only “our team will assist,” you still do not know who owns the problem after signing.
 
Back
Top