What should an inspection cover for a PLN 5,392,000 Warsaw apartment?

anchor.honest

Real estate agent
Established
I’m comparing inspection services for a five-bedroom apartment in Warsaw priced around PLN 5,392,000, and the scopes are all over the place. Some appear purely technical; others add negotiation and document coordination, while a few seem to end after making an introduction.

I need to decide whether to appoint one firm through offer and closing or keep the technical inspection separate. What deliverables, response times, exclusions and fee details should be written into the quote? I’m particularly concerned about who remains accountable when different people handle the report, negotiations and paperwork.
 
I would separate the technical work from negotiation unless the quote names each person’s responsibility. “Building inspection” alone tells you almost nothing.

Ask for a written list of areas covered, inaccessible areas, photographs, defect priorities, the report deadline, whether questions after delivery are included, and the cost of a return visit. Also require all exclusions and additional fees up front. Any negotiation service should have its own scope rather than being bundled into a vague promise.
 
That division makes sense. My worry is the handoff: an inspector identifies something significant, but the coordinator says interpretation or follow-up is outside their remit. The offer timetable has not been fixed yet, so I also don’t know what response deadline to put in the engagement.

Would you still prefer separate appointments if nobody is formally responsible for pulling the findings together before I must respond to the seller?
 
Yes, because one point of contact can create the appearance of accountability without preserving independence. I’d appoint the inspector directly and make sure the report is addressed to you, then nominate a separate coordinator to track unresolved items.

Use a simple written list: issue, supporting photo or document, person answering, deadline and effect on your decision. The inspection agreement should say how quickly urgent findings will be communicated, even if the full report comes later.
 
There is another boundary to make explicit: a technical inspection is not automatically a review of ownership, transaction or building documentation. In Poland, the appropriate document work can depend on the apartment, the building and the structure of the deal, so I would ask the relevant local legal or notarial professional what must be verified rather than assume the inspector covers it.

Make both sides identify overlaps and gaps in writing. Otherwise each may reasonably believe the other is handling a document.
 
Before choosing, send every provider the same one-page request and compare their answers line by line. Include inspection coverage, evidence supplied, turnaround time, availability for follow-up, coordination duties, total fee, extra charges and cancellation terms.

Also decide your fallback before the inspection: what happens if the report is late, access is incomplete, or a major concern cannot be resolved before the seller’s deadline? At this price, the cash downside is not just the inspection fee; it is making a rushed commitment because the process had no contingency.
 
Back
Top