What should buyer representation actually cover for a Helsinki studio?

photosAndLane

Homeowner
I’m comparing buyer-representation proposals for a studio in Helsinki priced around €533,600, and the services sold under that label vary much more than I expected. Some include negotiation and coordination of documents through closing; the cheapest seems to provide little beyond an introduction, leaving roughly half the work outside the quoted fee.

What should a buyer reasonably expect to be included at this price point? I’m looking for a practical Finland-specific scope: local property and document knowledge, fee transparency, response times when an offer has a deadline, negotiation, and a clear record of advice and communications. Most importantly, who stays accountable between an accepted offer and closing if documents, financing, or timing become an issue?

I’d also like to know what should be agreed in writing before appointing anyone: named tasks, exclusions, extra charges, response commitments, conflicts of interest, and a fallback if the representative becomes unavailable. Specific Helsinki or Finland examples of a sensible quoted scope—and independent evidence to request before choosing—would be far more useful than a general sales pitch. Am I overthinking this, or is the cheapest proposal only cheap because the costly gaps have been pushed back onto the buyer?
 
Back
Top