Several providers say they can cover the whole process, but I am not convinced they mean the same thing. The purchase under consideration is a London villa at roughly £487,500, and I may need both support from offer to completion and management afterward.
The immediate decision is whether to appoint one firm for both stages or keep acquisition support separate from ongoing management. What should the written scope assign to a named person, and where should the provider's role stop so it does not blur into the solicitor's work? I would also want fees, response times, escalation steps and the document trail set out, including what happens if the purchase stalls. The longer-term requirement will depend on whether the property is occupied, vacant or let, so examples showing how the scope changes with use would be helpful.
The immediate decision is whether to appoint one firm for both stages or keep acquisition support separate from ongoing management. What should the written scope assign to a named person, and where should the provider's role stop so it does not blur into the solicitor's work? I would also want fees, response times, escalation steps and the document trail set out, including what happens if the purchase stalls. The longer-term requirement will depend on whether the property is occupied, vacant or let, so examples showing how the scope changes with use would be helpful.