What should property management cover for a AED 1.78m Dubai new-build purchase?

otis.cedar

Buyer
Established
I’m comparing services for a new-build flat in Dubai priced around AED 1,780,000. Several firms use the term “property management,” but their scopes range from a simple introduction to negotiation, document coordination and ongoing management.

If financing is involved, what should reasonably be included between offer and closing, and what belongs in a separate post-handover service? I want clear fees, response times, local knowledge, a proper document trail and one named person accountable when the developer, lender or buyer is waiting on something. What would you insist on seeing in writing before appointing anyone?
 
I would separate the transaction phase from management after handover. Ask for a task-by-task schedule showing who handles negotiations, lender requests, document collection, payment reminders, handover coordination, snagging arrangements and later tenant matters. Each line should state the fee, exclusions, expected response time and named contact.

For financing, require an itemised list of lender-related and third-party costs rather than one vague estimate. Anything dependent on the bank or the particular development should be marked as such.
 
Is the flat off-plan, close to handover, or already completed? Also, would the finance be needed now or only for the final payment? Those details change where the biggest coordination risk sits.

A missed developer or lender deadline can create a cash problem even if the management fee itself looks reasonable. I’d ask how notices are logged, who confirms receipt, and how quickly an unanswered request gets escalated.
 
That distinction is exactly what has been missing. I’m comparing providers before committing, so I do not yet have a written scope, and “new-build” is being used loosely across the options I’m considering. Financing costs and deadline chasing are my main concerns, not tenant management at this stage.

I’ll ask each firm to price the pre-closing work separately from handover and ongoing management. Would requesting a sample communication log or redacted progress report be a reasonable way to test whether their claimed response process exists?
 
Yes, though a polished sample proves less than a clear contractual scope. I’d request both: a sample report plus a one-page responsibility table covering task, responsible party, deadline, evidence of completion, fee and fallback contact.

I also wouldn’t assume one firm should control every stage. If a provider is strong after handover but vague about finance or transaction documents, keep its role narrow and appoint suitable independent help for those parts. Dubai-specific legal or lending questions should be confirmed with the relevant qualified party. If nobody accepts responsibility for chasing an item, treat that as your responsibility rather than discovering the gap near closing.
 
Back
Top