What should “tenant placement” actually cover for a Tokyo villa?

gia.oak

Seller
I’m comparing services for a villa in Tokyo valued at around ¥202,000,000, and providers seem to use “tenant placement” for very different scopes. Some appear to handle negotiation and document coordination, while others stop once they make an introduction.

The decision is whether paying for the broader service creates meaningful accountability or merely adds cost. Before agreeing to anything, I want the quoted scope to state who handles enquiries, screening, negotiations, documents and handoffs; expected response times; every fee and when it becomes payable; and who remains responsible if matters stall between an offer and closing.

What would owners in Japan reasonably expect a genuine tenant-placement service to include, and where would its responsibility normally end? I’d also appreciate practical examples of the document trail, response deadlines, local expertise to look for, independent evidence of performance, and a sensible fallback plan if the provider only introduces the parties.
 
Back
Top