romy_deals
Homeowner
I’m approaching completion on a 5-bed new-build apartment in Doha priced at QAR 1,329,000. The builder says municipal checks will be enough, but I keep hearing about drainage, insulation and finish defects becoming apparent after handover.
Would you arrange an independent inspection before completion, at handover, or close to the end of the defect period? I’d rather pay now than argue later about poor energy performance, but completion also brings moving costs, furniture, service charges and the first mortgage payment. Once the deadline became real, how did you decide what deserved cash first?
Would you arrange an independent inspection before completion, at handover, or close to the end of the defect period? I’d rather pay now than argue later about poor energy performance, but completion also brings moving costs, furniture, service charges and the first mortgage payment. Once the deadline became real, how did you decide what deserved cash first?