Closing is approaching on a new-build 2-bed townhouse in Miami, so I need to choose the inspection timing before my access options narrow. The builder points to the municipal approval process, while I am concerned that it may not identify workmanship problems such as poor drainage, missing insulation or incomplete finishes.
Would one independent visit be most useful shortly before closing, during the handover, or after the home has been occupied but before the defect period ends? Two visits may cover more, although that would reduce the money left for moving, transaction costs, the first mortgage payment and the emergency fund. I would be interested in practical Miami examples, particularly where the timing affected whether immediate repairs were documented or resolved.
Would one independent visit be most useful shortly before closing, during the handover, or after the home has been occupied but before the defect period ends? Two visits may cover more, although that would reduce the money left for moving, transaction costs, the first mortgage payment and the emergency fund. I would be interested in practical Miami examples, particularly where the timing affected whether immediate repairs were documented or resolved.