paintsAndKey
Homeowner
The builder treats municipal approval as enough, while I see an independent inspection as serving a different purpose. This is a new-build two-bedroom townhouse in Sydney, and I am concerned that drainage, insulation or finishing problems may not become apparent until after handover.
I’m deciding between one thorough visit before completion and a staged approach, with an initial inspection before possession followed by a shorter check near the defect-period deadline. The contract may limit when my inspector can enter, so I need to confirm access first. Cost also matters: moving expenses, furniture and the first mortgage payment will arrive together, and I do not want the inspection budget to consume the emergency cash needed for those items.
I’m deciding between one thorough visit before completion and a staged approach, with an initial inspection before possession followed by a shorter check near the defect-period deadline. The contract may limit when my inspector can enter, so I need to confirm access first. Cost also matters: moving expenses, furniture and the first mortgage payment will arrive together, and I do not want the inspection budget to consume the emergency cash needed for those items.