tradeTheCedar
Real estate agent
I want one clear route from buying the building to finding tenants, but the proposals do not agree on where one service stops and the other begins. The property is a small multifamily in New York at roughly $285,000. Some providers offer negotiation and document coordination, while others appear to make an introduction and leave the remaining work to the owner.
What should be written into each scope: named tasks, response deadlines, fee triggers, local process knowledge, application handling, lease coordination and support after a placement fails? I also want to know which local rules they expect to handle and what independent evidence supports their claimed experience. Coordination between an accepted purchase offer and closing seems like a separate acquisition service, so should I require two contracts or accept a combined proposal with distinct responsibilities and prices?
What should be written into each scope: named tasks, response deadlines, fee triggers, local process knowledge, application handling, lease coordination and support after a placement fails? I also want to know which local rules they expect to handle and what independent evidence supports their claimed experience. Coordination between an accepted purchase offer and closing seems like a separate acquisition service, so should I require two contracts or accept a combined proposal with distinct responsibilities and prices?