If I get this wrong, I could keep a Singapore rental that produces little income while still carrying all the responsibility from abroad. I may relocate, and the management quotes are around 11%, with separate charges mentioned for finding tenants and arranging repairs.
My first assumption was that the percentage represented a nearly complete service. A cheaper collection-only arrangement would be a very different proposition if I still had to organise inspections, tenant issues and urgent work remotely. On the figures I have now, the monthly margin is almost gone, even before allowing properly for vacancies and maintenance reserves.
I am comparing a managed hold with selling. Before deciding, should I ask for a full annual cost under a realistic tenant turnover scenario, then test it against higher financing costs? I would also like to know which duties and approval limits need to be written into the management scope.
My first assumption was that the percentage represented a nearly complete service. A cheaper collection-only arrangement would be a very different proposition if I still had to organise inspections, tenant issues and urgent work remotely. On the figures I have now, the monthly margin is almost gone, even before allowing properly for vacancies and maintenance reserves.
I am comparing a managed hold with selling. Before deciding, should I ask for a full annual cost under a realistic tenant turnover scenario, then test it against higher financing costs? I would also like to know which duties and approval limits need to be written into the management scope.