A 7.0% headline yield looks promising, but I am not yet convinced the rent is dependable. The figures are HK$5,031,000 for a 4-bed new-build flat and expected rent of HK$29,260 per month.
My budget allows for management, routine upkeep, vacant periods and future repair spending. I still need to understand whether owner-paid building charges, property tax, insurance, letting costs or transaction expenses have been understated. I also plan to test weaker rent and higher financing costs rather than assume the first-year figures continue.
Is the rental evidence the first thing you would verify, or is there a Hong Kong cost that could change the answer even if HK$29,260 is achievable?
My budget allows for management, routine upkeep, vacant periods and future repair spending. I still need to understand whether owner-paid building charges, property tax, insurance, letting costs or transaction expenses have been understated. I also plan to test weaker rent and higher financing costs rather than assume the first-year figures continue.
Is the rental evidence the first thing you would verify, or is there a Hong Kong cost that could change the answer even if HK$29,260 is achievable?