We need to decide our inspection approach before making another offer. The trade-off is that we have already lost two older coastal homes in Amsterdam to bids with fewer conditions, yet taking on unknown defects at €777,400 could overwhelm our emergency fund.
The property looks reasonably cared for, but appearances do not answer questions about immediate repairs, the building’s age or future service charges. I understand why a very short inspection period is attractive, though it only works if an inspector can attend in time.
Would a pre-offer inspection be the better compromise, or could the condition be limited to major structural findings? I am trying to improve the offer without accepting a risk we could not comfortably fund after completion.
The property looks reasonably cared for, but appearances do not answer questions about immediate repairs, the building’s age or future service charges. I understand why a very short inspection period is attractive, though it only works if an inspector can attend in time.
Would a pre-offer inspection be the better compromise, or could the condition be limited to major structural findings? I am trying to improve the offer without accepting a risk we could not comfortably fund after completion.