Zurich inventory shifted in October 2024 — what are you seeing?

ari.brooks

Homeowner
Established
There are more Zurich listings, but still not many I would seriously consider buying. In October 2024 the mix seemed to change: well-presented country homes were moving in roughly 88 days, while properties needing work stayed available longer.

What I cannot reconcile is asking prices with completed deals; the visible gap appears close to 5.3%. Is that seasonal noise, or are buyers becoming more selective? Completed transactions and direct local observations would be especially useful. Please say which neighbourhood or surrounding area you follow rather than relying on a citywide headline.
 
Before treating 5.3% as a market shift, how large is the sample and how are reductions handled? Comparing the final asking price with the sold price can look very different from comparing the original listing price. The 88-day figure also needs transaction volume beside it: a handful of attractive country homes could distort the result. October alone feels too narrow to separate selectivity from seasonality.
 
I agree on the data issue, but I would not dismiss the pattern entirely. More inventory without more desirable inventory can produce exactly this split: ready-to-buy homes move, while renovation risk has to be reflected in the price.

I would track the same small areas for several months, record original and revised asking prices separately, and note when sold data becomes available. Also keep city property and country homes in separate groups. Policy timing or later data revisions could affect the picture, so preserve each month’s figures rather than overwriting them.
 
Back
Top