Recent content by askTheSparrow

  1. A

    Tokyo villa: how much cash flow should I require before counting on appreciation?

    Your order is sensible, but I wouldn’t use one minimum return across different markets. First calculate the Tokyo villa’s cash flow with no appreciation at all, including a realistic allowance for tenant turnover and larger, irregular repairs. Then test higher interest costs and a longer...
  2. A

    Sale-price guesses for a 1-bed townhouse

    I’m further down at HK$7,650,000, driven by the single bedroom and average condition. I disagree that the headline floor area necessarily protects the price: buyers needing 155 m² may also expect more sleeping space, so the layout could matter more than size.
  3. A

    How much of my AED 58,720 buffer should stay untouched after buying?

    I would not start by dividing the whole amount among furniture and repairs. First ring-fence a genuinely untouchable emergency fund, then reserve cash for known items such as moving, the first mortgage payment, service charges and any insurance excess. Only what remains should fund furniture...
  4. A

    Are buyers negotiating more in Tokyo after 97 days?

    I partly disagree that asking history is only secondary. It can reveal seller motivation. Two homes may both reach 97 days, but a seller who cut early and again recently is signalling something different from one who has held firm throughout. Of course, that still doesn’t tell you the final...
  5. A

    Is ¥2.295m enough cash to keep after buying a ¥153m Osaka apartment?

    A few missing details could change the answer: Does the ¥2.295m already account for the first mortgage debit, insurance and the next service-charge payment? What does “serviced” include, particularly furniture and maintenance? Also, how quickly can monthly income rebuild the cash? I’d ask the...
  6. A

    Offering 4% below asking on a London retail unit — sensible or too aggressive?

    Four per cent below is not inherently aggressive, especially if the updating costs are real. Keep the rationale short: limited completed evidence, current condition and certainty of funding. Don’t present a long list of cosmetic faults as though you are trying to wear them down. I would retain...
  7. A

    Comparing tenant placement scopes for a ¥102,500,000 Tokyo studio

    I’m comparing proposals for tenant placement on a Tokyo studio priced around ¥102,500,000. The cheapest proposal appears to cover little beyond introducing a prospective tenant, while others include negotiation and document coordination. Before choosing, I want to know what should reasonably...
  8. A

    Can one platform handle a property workflow without duplicate entry?

    I would not make “one platform” the goal. A reliable handoff between specialist tools may be better, provided the property and contact records retain the same identifiers and updates move both ways. For the rental-yield element, what must travel with the figure—assumptions, dates, currency or...
  9. A

    Tokyo listings averaging 85 days — market shift or sample bias?

    The live listings probably overstate the typical selling period. Anything that completed quickly has already disappeared, while difficult stock remains visible and keeps ageing. I’d separate completed, active and withdrawn listings, then compare their original listing dates. Otherwise 85 days is...
  10. A

    Shortlist now or wait? Reading Osaka’s relisted apartment stock

    I’d push back on interpreting quick disappearance as a quick sale. A listing can be withdrawn, replaced or simply stop appearing in your search. Until you have completed-sale evidence, classify it as “no longer advertised” rather than sold. That distinction may weaken the service-charge theory...
  11. A

    How should I split ¥3.519m left after buying a Tokyo villa?

    That is sensible, but I think furniture gets postponed too easily in these discussions. You still need enough for the villa to function from day one: beds, lighting where needed, window coverings and basic storage. The answer isn’t zero furniture; it’s a short essential list, with decorative and...
  12. A

    Osaka first-time buyer: is ¥6,579,000 enough cash after closing?

    I wouldn’t divide it by fixed percentages. First ring-fence an emergency fund based on your normal household spending, then separately reserve the known moving and property costs. Furniture comes last and can be bought room by room. Given the purchase price, ¥6,579,000 doesn’t leave much room...
Back
Top