I’d shorten the window rather than remove it. Arrange an inspector who can attend quickly, and have your conveyancer confirm what a narrower condition would actually let you do. A condition that sounds protective in casual language may not work that way in the contract. Decide in advance which...
A scheduled walkthrough could bridge the two approaches. Give whatever notice the lease and applicable local rules require, list every open item, and inspect related areas during the same visit. Afterwards, send the tenant a simple schedule distinguishing completed work, parts still needed and...
I disagree slightly with leading on renovation costs. If the property was already priced with its condition in mind, asking for 12% off and then seeking repair credits can look like counting the same issue twice.
I’d make the initial price stand on completed sales evidence, keep inspection...
High strata levies can be a warning sign, but unusually low ones are not automatically safer. A building with lifts, extensive common areas or ageing equipment may either fund that upkeep steadily or defer it until owners face a larger bill.
I’d compare the current charges with the services...