A tenant in my Austin duplex has submitted several minor but plausible maintenance requests over the past few months. Rent is always on time, and none of the requests looks obviously unreasonable. The problem is that separate call-out charges are accumulating.
I’m deciding whether to keep dispatching someone for each item, group non-urgent jobs into scheduled visits, or arrange a broader inspection in case the requests point to a ventilation problem. I want to stay responsive without letting small issues become expensive ones. How would you weigh the maintenance history, tenant retention and possible turnover cost here? I’m interested in the downside of each approach, not general reassurance about owning in Austin.
I’m deciding whether to keep dispatching someone for each item, group non-urgent jobs into scheduled visits, or arrange a broader inspection in case the requests point to a ventilation problem. I want to stay responsive without letting small issues become expensive ones. How would you weigh the maintenance history, tenant retention and possible turnover cost here? I’m interested in the downside of each approach, not general reassurance about owning in Austin.