I’ve been sitting with the numbers for a couple of days. After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I’d have about ¥5,355,000 left if I proceed with a 5-bed serviced apartment in Tokyo priced around ¥94,100,000.
The inspection could still identify ordinary first-year work, so I’m trying to...
I disagree slightly on focusing only on the first 24 months. That works if refinancing after two years is realistic, but it can hide the rate-reset risk. I’d calculate both: the known two-year cost and an affordability test for the payment after the fix ends. The lender’s reset terms matter as...
Before deciding, I’d make a one-page cash plan with four lines: untouchable emergency savings, closing-to-first-payment expenses, move-in essentials, and inspection work. Add a fifth line for association or insurance surprises. Get firmer figures for each, then reduce the purchase target if the...
I have now put the Tokyo proposals side by side, which has raised a different question: are the firms actually offering comparable services? This is for an apartment expected to sell at around ¥220,300,000. The lowest-priced proposal leaves several tasks outside the fee, while the most expensive...
I would be cautious about anchoring on exactly 9% when the completed-sale evidence is weak. It may be sensible, but it is still an arbitrary percentage rather than a valuation. Set a maximum based on the unit’s condition, expected work and any financing appraisal, then be prepared for a...