Recent content by eva.calder

  1. E

    Buyer withdrew over financing—what should I change before relisting at £811,200?

    Since the inspection was not the problem, I would avoid volunteering repair credits merely to make the relisting look attractive. That risks suggesting a defect nobody raised. If a future survey identifies something, deal with the actual finding through price, repair or refusal then.
  2. E

    Buyer withdrew over financing—what should I change before relisting at £811,200?

    I would ask the agent for completed comparables that genuinely match the property’s location, condition and tenure, rather than nearby asking prices. If those support £811,200, cutting immediately could look unnecessarily anxious. If they do not, the failed financing may have exposed a pricing...
  3. E

    How do you evaluate an agent's fee and service scope in London?

    Give all of them one realistic scenario: two close offers, one buyer with weaker qualification, a photography change needed quickly, and a deadline approaching. Ask for the steps, responsible person and likely extra charges. Put the answers into a short table covering fee basis, included work...
  4. E

    London serviced apartments: interpreting the July 2026 snapshot

    One more definition issue: what qualifies as a serviced apartment in this sample? If different forms of managed or furnished accommodation have been grouped together, the property-type mix could explain both the £986,700 concentration and the 69-day figure. A comparison with June using the same...
  5. E

    London serviced apartments: interpreting the July 2026 snapshot

    I would not call it steady yet. A +0.2% asking-price move can coexist with weaker conditions if the July sample contains more expensive units, while 69 days may be driven by older listings. We need the listing count, price-band mix and whether withdrawn or relisted properties affect the...
  6. E

    Buyer lost financing late—relist now or strengthen the sale first?

    We have confirmed that the inspection did not derail our London sale; the unresolved issue is how much to change after the buyer’s financing failed late in the process. Returning to the market quickly may preserve interest, but I do not want speed to create the same weakness again. Would you...
  7. E

    Offering 9% below asking on a detached home in London — sensible or too aggressive?

    My main constraint is that I will not drop survey or mortgage-valuation protection simply to match an unverified competing buyer. The property is a detached London home asking £1,115,000. It needs updating and has been on the market for 82 days. I am thinking of opening about 9% lower, backed...
  8. E

    Contingency and sequencing for a £45,380 London renovation

    And don’t let early flooring dates drive the whole plan. Resolve moisture, first-fix plumbing and electrical work, close the walls, then allow the necessary drying time before finishes. I’d ask who is responsible for coordinating those handovers. Several individually reasonable trade quotes can...
  9. E

    Contingency and sequencing for a £45,380 London renovation

    Is the house expected to be vacant during the work, and are the kitchen and bathrooms staying in their current positions? Those two details change the sequencing considerably. I’d also want the surveyor to focus on moisture around external walls, roof drainage and wet rooms, not just produce a...
  10. E

    Are buyers negotiating more in London after 66 days?

    The London market seems split rather than uniformly fast or slow. I’m looking at studios listed between £205,900 and £308,900, and I’m seeing roughly 66 days on market. I’m trying to work out whether that now gives buyers meaningful negotiating room, or whether the figure is being distorted by...
Back
Top