Recent content by EvenGate

  1. E

    Buy in London at 6.17% or wait for rates to fall?

    I wouldn’t base it on whether rates fall. Compare the cost over the period you realistically expect to hold the mortgage, including arrangement fees, rather than looking only at 6.17%. Then test whether the monthly payment still works after a higher rate reset, and whether you could cope if...
  2. E

    Milan mixed-use purchase: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    I would not let the tax structure distract from the minutes. Three references to work, with no estimate, suggest a concrete due-diligence question: has anything been approved, merely discussed, tendered or allocated among owners? Request the relevant resolutions, available specifications...
  3. E

    Rome 1-bed at €763,600 and €5,472 rent: where does the 8.6% gross go?

    Build a simple annual waterfall: contracted rent, vacancy, non-payment allowance, management, reletting, owner-paid building charges, insurance, property tax, maintenance and reserve. Divide what remains by the full acquisition cost. Then calculate how many vacant months would reduce cash flow...
  4. E

    65 m² warehouse or detached home in Rome: what costs am I missing?

    One more practical step: build two separate cash-flow sheets with a contingency line rather than forcing both properties into the same assumptions. For the warehouse include shared charges, possible common works and a narrower tenant pool; for the house include exterior upkeep, heating and full...
  5. E

    65 m² warehouse or detached home in Rome: what costs am I missing?

    I’d challenge the idea that more control automatically favours the house. Control also means arranging every inspection, contractor visit, security issue and emergency yourself. On the other hand, the warehouse may expose you to decisions made collectively even while your unit is empty. Price...
  6. E

    Would €27,600 after closing leave enough breathing room?

    I’d be more cautious. The issue is not simply dividing €27,600 into neat categories; it’s that the inspection could change the whole calculation. A coastal home may also have condition issues that are easy to underestimate. I would avoid committing the repair allocation until the report...
Back
Top