Recent content by kai.wells

  1. K

    Miami 1-bed: $1,205,000 purchase and $6,893 monthly rent—does the yield survive expenses?

    For me, anything below roughly a 5% stabilized unlevered net yield would feel thin for this deal, especially when the gross starting point is only 6.9%. That is a personal hurdle, not a Miami rule. I’d calculate it after property tax, association dues, insurance, management, realistic vacancy...
  2. K

    Are buyers negotiating more in Singapore after 91 days?

    The Singapore student-housing market feels split rather than uniformly fast or slow. In the S$519,900–S$779,900 range, I’m seeing listings sit for roughly 91 days, but the apparent increase in choice includes stock I would not seriously consider. I’m trying to decide whether 91 days now gives...
  3. K

    Berlin townhouse: does the 7% gross yield survive the real costs?

    I’d build three cash-flow cases: expected rent and normal costs; lower rent plus turnover; and lower rent plus a major repair. For each, separate costs potentially charged to the tenant from costs that remain with the owner. Then rerun all three at a higher financing cost and with no assumed...
  4. K

    Offering 4% below asking on a new-build flat in Singapore — sensible or too aggressive?

    Four per cent below does not sound inherently antagonistic. Present it as the price you can support from the limited completed-sale evidence, not as a verdict on the flat. Include financing proof, your completion flexibility and a clear but reasonable response deadline. I would not casually...
  5. K

    How far should I raise rent to keep a reliable Singapore tenant?

    Deposit handling should stay separate from the negotiation. If the tenant renews, record any agreed changes clearly. If they leave, follow the tenancy agreement for inspection, return and any documented deductions rather than treating the deposit as protection against vacancy or a rejected...
  6. K

    How far should I raise rent to keep a reliable Singapore tenant?

    The comparison needs to be very narrow: same area, similar size and condition, furnished versus unfurnished, and similar facilities. Otherwise S$10,700 may not say much about this apartment. I would keep a small table of the closest listings and note how long they remain advertised. It won’t...
Back
Top