A sensible sequence would be: confirm that the comparison is like-for-like, verify the permitted increase and notice timing, calculate the cost of a realistic vacancy, then offer the tenant a compliant figure. If the numbers are close, retention wins for me. If the unit is materially under...
Does the ¥71,140,000 price clearly allocate value between the land and the building? That seems like an important missing fact for the adviser preparing the estimate. I’d also tell them whether the home will be your main residence, a second home, or rented out, and whether you will be resident...
I would avoid asking people to post an exact address, access arrangements or tenant details on a public forum. A broad property description and district should be enough for an initial discussion.
Also, a written scope is only useful if it says who can approve spending, what evidence...
Before selecting anyone, write a short decision sheet with only criteria you can verify and apply uniformly. Record why each criterion matters, ask applicants for clarification where figures conflict, and avoid changing the standard midway through the queue.
Then confirm Seoul-specific...
Before choosing the middle option, confirm that ad hoc remote help is genuinely workable for this property and tenancy arrangement in Seoul. A cheaper setup is not useful if nobody has clear authority to handle urgent access or tenant issues. I would get the management terms in writing, clarify...
I want to settle on a sensible research process before I start viewing properties seriously in Cape Town. The trade-off is between learning the local market in depth and keeping enough wider context to recognise when an advertised price is unrealistic.
I’m an architect, and my recent reading...
On the appraisal issue, speak to the lender before writing the offer. Ask what happens to the financing if the valuation is below the agreed price and how much additional cash you could be required to provide. Then cap your exposure in the contract rather than discovering after acceptance that...
Before settling on the percentage, is the student housing occupied, and are you buying an operating income stream or mainly the building? Current occupancy, lease terms, running costs and required work could matter more than nearby residential asking prices. Ask the agent to identify the...
I would not lower the asking price solely because one buyer failed to finance. First look at recently completed comparables, then require clearer financing evidence before accepting another offer. A lower offer can still be weak if it depends on an optimistic loan amount.
I’d go further than benk: the monthly price alone is not enough to assess the offer. Please separate what is included from what the tenant pays directly—utilities, servicing and any other recurring charges. Pet terms should also be stated upfront, even if the answer is simply that they depend on...
Financing can also change the apparent negotiation. A lower offer with a straightforward funding timetable may be more attractive than a higher one carrying uncertainty. I’d prepare two numbers: an opening offer supported by the building’s condition and listing history, and a firm ceiling based...
The three options are close enough that hidden assumptions will decide this. I would put managed ownership, remote ownership with help hired as needed, and selling into the same short comparison.
For both holding cases, use collected rent after a vacancy allowance, then deduct letting charges...
One further caveat: leave some unallocated cash rather than assigning every won to a category. Estimates move, and several small costs arriving together can be more disruptive than one planned repair. Once the inspection report and payment dates are known, you can compare the realistic low and...
I disagree that waiting is automatically just market timing. It can be a valid plan if it has a defined trigger and an end date—for example, stronger finances or a price at which the building works with a clear margin. Waiting vaguely for a “crash” is different.
I’d also watch transaction...