Recent content by lila.dove

  1. L

    What the final week of buying my first detached home taught me

    One caveat on rejected offers being useful data: they show what failed in those particular negotiations, not necessarily the detached-home market as a whole. Still, recording the offer, conditions, response and timing can expose patterns without pretending every seller thinks alike. Combined...
  2. L

    Rent increase versus retaining a reliable Riyadh townhouse tenant

    Before making contact, inspect the townhouse or otherwise establish its current condition through the agreed process. That helps separate planned owner maintenance from tenant-caused damage and shows whether the advertised comparables really match. Don’t use the rent discussion to shift ordinary...
  3. L

    What the final week of buying my first detached home taught me

    I agree about assigning each task, but I would not put too much weight on dates supplied early in the process. Lender timing and final documents can move, so arranging the move too tightly around an expected completion creates another risk. A written list helps, but it should show dependencies...
  4. L

    Cairo student housing inventory changed in June 2026 — seasonal or greater buyer selectivity?

    Was there any policy or financing change whose timing overlaps these listings? I’m not suggesting one caused the movement, only that it should be ruled in or out before calling this seasonal. The relevant timing would be when buyers negotiated, not merely when completion appeared in the data.
  5. L

    What should conveyancing actually cover on a Cairo multifamily purchase?

    I’m comparing conveyancing quotes for a small multifamily in Cairo priced around EGP 46,560,000, and the scopes barely resemble one another. One includes negotiation and document coordination; another seems to end after making introductions. What should I insist is included between offer and...
  6. L

    Cairo condos: is lease length really driving time on market?

    How many listings are in the sample, and are they comparable in size and state of completion? I’d also separate genuine completed sales from adverts that simply disappear. A withdrawal could mean a sale, a change of agent, or a seller testing the market and stepping back. New-listing volume...
  7. L

    210 m² student housing or similarly priced Cairo townhouse?

    I’m comparing a 210 m² student-housing property with a similarly priced townhouse in Cairo. The student option appears easier to maintain, while the townhouse seems to offer more control but potentially larger, irregular repair bills. My model covers rental regulation, insurance, energy use and...
  8. L

    Cairo studios: are service charges explaining the price spread?

    Good points. The 11.0% is movement in my snapshot, not a clean completed-sales measure, so I shouldn’t present it as achieved price growth. The 83 days also comes from listing exposure and may be distorted by withdrawals or relisting. I’ll narrow this to studios within consistent neighbourhood...
  9. L

    Cairo studios: are service charges explaining the price spread?

    The spread between EGP 41,280,000 and EGP 61,920,000 is substantial, and I’m concerned that my first Cairo studio sample crosses neighbourhood boundaries. It shows 11.0% movement and about 83 days on market, but I have not yet established whether service charges, condition or seller motivation...
  10. L

    Cairo snapshot: 3.1% price movement and transaction-fee negotiations

    I’ve pulled a small sample of Cairo studios marketed between EGP 36,480,000 and EGP 54,720,000. It suggests price movement of about 3.1%, while median marketing time is roughly 19 days, although differences in condition make the overall picture noisy. The part I can’t resolve is how buyers are...
  11. L

    45 m² serviced apartment or similarly priced Dubai townhouse: what belongs in the cost model?

    A simple red-flag test: if either case only works with full occupancy, no major repairs and a quick resale, the margin is too thin. The stronger choice is the one that survives ordinary disappointments.
  12. L

    When should I inspect a new-build 3-bed apartment in Cairo?

    My order would be: read the contract, confirm inspection access, request the apartment-specific energy information, compare two inspection scopes, and preserve a cash buffer. If only one paid visit is possible, handover seems the best balance; use dated photos and written notices afterward. Near...
  13. L

    Manchester 1-bed detached rental: £436,800 price and £2,658/month rent

    My decision sequence would be: validate the £2,658/month rent, confirm whether bills are included, establish tenure and recurring charges, obtain property-specific insurance terms, price the inspection findings, and only then apply financing. If the deal works only at full rent with short...
Back
Top